A growing body of research consistently shows that patients with schizophrenia often suffer from sleep disturbances.
Investigators selected 15 genes associated with schizophrenia due to high expression in both brain tissue and B-lymphocyte cells.
There has been a question of whether antipsychotic medications are truly acting upon "primary" negative symptoms, or whether they are instead improving "secondary" negative symptoms via improvement in positive or depressive symptoms.
Although all-cause pharmacy costs were higher in the paliperidone palmitate group, adjusted all-cause medical costs were lower.
Use of virtual reality environments in which participants interact with computer-controlled situations or avatars enables a more fine-tuned approach to exposure in the context of cognitive behavioral therapy.
A combination of an SSRI and antipsychotics in a clinical setting most likely does not lead to a further deterioration of metabolic variables to a clinically significant degree.
tDCS may be an important tool for further improving our understanding of psychosis and designing targeted treatments.
Researchers examined which atypical antipsychotic was more effective and safe in first-episode drug-naive schizophrenia.
A meta-analysis of randomized, controlled trials compared the use of benzodiazepines alone or in combination with antipsychotic or antihistamine medications in patients experiencing acute psychotic illness.
Investigators seek the association between psychosis and complication risk after total joint arthroplasty.
P50 processing may inform researchers in the future development of interventions targeting cognitive impairment in schizophrenia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Cost-Effectiveness of Atomoxetine for Treating Children with ADHD
- Efficacy of Drugs for Psychosis, Relapse Prevention for Bipolar Depression, Mania
- No Evidence of Cognitive Impairment With Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate in ADHD
- Differential Testosterone Levels in Men, Women With Schizophrenia
- Plasma Autoantibodies Possible Biomarker for Schizophrenia
- Substance-Induced Psychosis Associated With Development of Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder
- Neuropsychiatric Events May Be Linked to Nitrated Nucleosome Levels in Lupus
- New APA Guideline Recommendation for Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder
- Reducing PTSD Symptoms: Propranolol Before Reactivation Therapy
- Cannabis Use Associated With Subsequent Psychotic Experiences in Adolescents
- Antidepressants More Effective Than Placebo for Acute Depression in Adults
- Positive Beliefs About Age May Protect Older Adults Against Dementia
- Electrical Stimulation of Amygdala May Improve Long-Term Memory
- Negative Symptoms of Schizophrenia May Be Reduced With MIN-101
- Apathy: An Important Predictor of Employment in Huntington Disease