Schizophrenia polygenic risk scores better predict bipolar disorder with manic psychosis than with only depressive psychosis.
Family functioning may be a meaningful factor for young individuals with a clinically high risk for psychosis.
Investigators sought to determine whether the type of medication used for the treatment of schizophrenia affects color vision.
Investigators examined the correlation with sleep disorders such as insomnia, and sleep apnea with early psychosis.
The Lancet Commission, "Improving Physical Health Outcomes in People With Mental Illness, will launch in August 2019 with a goal summarizing recent advances, identifying high-priority areas, and presenting updated recommendations regarding physical health inequalities in patients with mental illness.
Although research has filled some of the knowledge gaps in the association between psychosis and hearing impairment, more data about this phenomenon and its confounding factors are needed.
Investigators examine neurocognitive mechanisms of cannabidiol in patients who are at clinical high risk for psychosis.
Investigators aim to assess the effect on gray matter volumes in patients with and without schizophrenia who abuse cannabis and/or alcohol.
Relationships between childhood adversity and first episode of psychosis were examined during a 5-year follow-up.
Research assistants assessed likability, friendliness, easygoing, strangeness and likelihood to retest the participants and socialize with the participant.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Link Identified Between Cured Meat and Mania in Bipolar Disorder
- Early Risk Factors for Bipolar Disorder Found in Offspring of BD Parents
- First-Episode Delusional Disorder vs Schizophrenia: Assessment of Outcomes
- Daily Drinking Associated With Increased Mortality Risk
- Probiotics, Depression, and the Role of Inflammation
- The Opioid System: The Foundation for Social Risk and Reward
- Correctional Psychiatry: Challenges and Rewards
- Those Left Behind: Working With Suicide-Bereaved Families
- Is Mandatory Reporting of Child Maltreatment in the Best Interests of the Child?
- The Impact of Deafness on Hallucinations and Delusions
- High Risk for Anxiety, Depression, and Stress Observed Among Single Mothers
- Self-Harm, Suicidality Among Adolescents Associated With Poor Outcomes, Recurrent Clinical Care
- Moderate Association Between Sociocognitive Functioning and Thought Disorder in Schizophrenia
- Psychotropic Medications May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Bipolar Disorder
- Schizophrenia Polygenetic Risk Score as a Predictor of Bipolar Disorder With Psychosis