Investigators examined the association between eye movement, which is a neuropsychological measure impaired in schizophrenia, and work hours.
Quality of life has emerged as an important factor for research because it may be valuable to measure treatment outcomes.
The NAVIGATE program shows great promise toward optimizing pharmacologic management of psychosis.
One of the main reasons for the frequent misdiagnosis of catatonia is the continuing misconception that it is synonymous with schizophrenia.
Investigators examined traits which may predispose to violence in patients with schizophrenia, including psychopathic and impulsive traits along with aggression traits.
Investigators examined the association between striatal cerebral blood flow and executive functioning along with functional connectivity in patients who are at high risk for psychosis.
Initial hospitalization for epilepsy is independently associated with a subsequent readmission for psychosis.
Signs of neuroanatomic vulnerability may be useful for estimating clinical onset of psychosis in early adolescence.
Aripiprazole may not pose a risk for metabolic complications in pregnancy.
Identification of common problems of functioning in schizophrenia and the environmental factors that contribute to them offers a comprehensive approach to assessing patients with schizophrenia and helps inform interventions that could facilitate improved functioning.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Healthcare Community Should Favor More Restrictive Alcohol Policies
- How to Respond to a Patient's Request for Prayer: A Clinician's Dilemma
- Major Barriers to Useful Risk Prediction Must Be Overcome to Reach the Full Potential of Big Data
- ACA Coverage Gains Include Workers Without Insurance
- Steps Provided for Discharging Patients From Practice