Generic Name and Formulations:
Rucaparib 200mg, 300mg; tabs.
Indications for RUBRACA:
Monotherapy in patients with deleterious BRCA-mutation (germline and/or somatic) associated advanced ovarian cancer who have been treated with ≥2 prior lines of chemotherapy. Select patients for therapy based on an FDA-approved companion diagnostic test.
Swallow whole. 600mg twice daily until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Dose modifications or adjustments for adverse reactions: 1st reduction: 500mg twice daily; 2nd reduction: 400mg twice daily; 3rd reduction: 300mg twice daily.
Monitor CBC at baseline and monthly thereafter; do not start therapy until recovery from hematological toxicity due to previous chemotherapy (Grade ≤1). Discontinue if myelodysplastic syndrome/acute myeloid leukemia (MDS/AML) is confirmed. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy; avoid. Females of reproductive potential must obtain pregnancy test prior to initiating therapy. Use effective contraception during therapy and for at least 6 months after last dose. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 2 weeks after last dose).
Poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibitor.
Nausea, fatigue, asthenia, vomiting, anemia, abdominal pain, dysgeusia, constipation, decreased appetite, diarrhea, thrombocytopenia, dyspnea, lab abnormalities (increased: creatinine, ALT/AST, cholesterol; decreased: hemoglobin, lymphocytes, platelets, ANC).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition