Generic Name and Formulations:
Ramelteon 8mg; tabs.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc.
Indications for ROZEREM:
Take 8mg within 30min of bedtime. Do not take with high-fat/heavy meals (delays effect).
Severe hepatic impairment. Concomitant fluvoxamine.
Severe COPD, severe obstructive sleep apnea: not recommended. Moderate hepatic impairment. Depression. Behavioral changes. Monitor prolactin and testosterone levels if unexplained amenorrhea, galactorrhea, decreased libido, or fertility problems occur. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. Avoid alcohol. Potentiated by potent inhibitors of CYP1A2, CYP3A4 (eg, ketoconazole), CYP2C9 (eg, fluconazole). Antagonized by potent CYP450 inducers (eg, rifampin).
Hypnotic (melatonin agonist).
Somnolence, complex sleep-related behaviors (eg, sleep-driving), dizziness, fatigue; reduced testosterone or cortisol levels, increased prolactin levels (monitor if occurs); anaphylaxis, angioedema, others (see literature).
Tabs—30, 100, 500
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Supported Employment vs Transitional Work in Veterans With PTSD
- Comparing Pharmacologic Treatments for Prevention of Rehospitalization in BP
- Preliminary Evidence Suggests Suicidal Thinking Is Self-Reinforcing
- Lower Fluoxetine Efficacy in Elderly Patients With Major Depressive Disorder
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling