ROBITUSSIN COUGH & CHEST CONGESTION DM OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Dextromethorphan HBr 10mg, guaifenesin 100mg; per 5mL; syrup; alcohol-free; contains menthol.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
Indications for ROBITUSSIN COUGH & CHEST CONGESTION DM:
10mL every 4 hours; max 6 doses/24 hours.
<12yrs: do not use.
Children <12yrs old. During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Antitussive + expectorant.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs.
GI upset; rare: drowsiness, headache, rash.
DM—4oz, 8oz, 12oz
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- Early Childhood Out-of-Home Placement Associated With Adverse Outcomes in Adulthood
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Healthcare Community Should Favor More Restrictive Alcohol Policies
- How to Respond to a Patient's Request for Prayer: A Clinician's Dilemma
- Major Barriers to Useful Risk Prediction Must Be Overcome to Reach the Full Potential of Big Data
- ACA Coverage Gains Include Workers Without Insurance
- Steps Provided for Discharging Patients From Practice