Generic Name and Formulations:
Glycopyrrolate 1mg; dye-free tabs.
Indications for ROBINUL:
Adjunct in peptic ulcer.
1–2mg 2–3 times daily; max 8mg daily.
Glaucoma. Unstable cardiovascular status. Asthma. GI or urinary tract obstruction. Paralytic ileus or intestinal atony. Toxic megacolon. Severe ulcerative colitis. Myasthenia gravis.
Reflux esophagitis. Autonomic neuropathy. Impaired hepatic or renal function. Cardiovascular disease. Tachycardia. Hypertension. Hyperthyroidism. High environmental temperature. Diarrhea. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant antacids may inhibit absorption. Cyclopropane anesthetics may cause arrhythmias. Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics, narcotic analgesics, type I antiarrhythmics, antihistamines, phenothiazines, tricyclics.
Anticholinergic effects (e.g., dry mouth, blurred vision, constipation).
Inj (vials) Single dose 1mL—25
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Evidence of Methylphenidate Abuse: Characterizing Patterns of Use in Pediatric and Adult Populations
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- Most Patients Comfortable With Clinicians Asking About Sexual Orientation
- Peer-to-Peer Depression Awareness Program May Be Beneficial
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders