Generic Name and Formulations:
Fibrinogen concentrate (human) 900–1300mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution; contains albumin; preservative-free.
CSL Behring, LLC
Indications for RIASTAP:
Acute bleeding episodes in patients with congenital fibrinogen deficiency, including afibrinogenemia and hypofibrinogenemia.
Adults and Children:
See literature. Give by slow IV inj at rate not exceeding 5mL/min. Individualize. Calculate dose when baseline fibrinogen level is known: Dose (mg/kg body wt) = [Target level (mg/dL) – measured level (mg/dL)] / 1.7 (mg/dL per mg/kg body wt). When baseline fibrinogen level is not known: 70mg/kg. Monitor fibrinogen level during therapy. Maintain target fibrinogen level of 100mg/dL until hemostatis is obtained.
Not for use in dysfibrinogenemia. Monitor for allergic or hypersensitivity reactions; discontinue if occur. Risk of thrombosis (monitor). Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Fever, headache, chills, nausea, vomiting; thrombotic episodes (eg, pulmonary embolism, MI, DVT), anaphylactic reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Early Childhood Out-of-Home Placement Associated With Adverse Outcomes in Adulthood
- Tolerability of Novel Long-Acting Injectable Aripiprazole Tested for Bipolar Disorder
- Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality May Improve Bipolar Disorder Symptoms
- Link Between Vitamin D Levels and Intracranial Volume in Schizophrenia
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Symptoms of Anxiety, Depression Differ Depending on Gender, Race, Ethnicity
- Examining Whether Adjunctive Glutamatergic Medication Further Eases OCD Symptoms
- FDA Permits Marketing of Brain Stimulation Device for OCD
- Antipsychotics Adversely Affect Adiposity and Insulin Sensitivity in Youths
- Know Before You Go: Practicing Medicine Abroad