RHINOCORT ALLERGY SPRAY OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Budesonide 32mcg; per nasal spray; scent- and alcohol-free.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for RHINOCORT ALLERGY SPRAY:
To relieve symptoms of seasonal or perennial allergic rhinitis.
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–<12yrs: initially 1 spray in each nostril once daily; increase to 2 sprays per nostril once daily if no improvement; reduce to 1 spray in each nostril once daily when symptoms improve. ≥12yrs: use 2 sprays per nostril once daily; reduce to 1 spray in each nostril once daily when symptoms improve.
Do not use for treating the common cold or use more than recommended. Avoid eyes or mouth. Recent nose ulcers or surgery. Nose injury that has not healed. Eye infection. Glaucoma. Cataracts. Re-evaluate if no improvement after 2 weeks. Discontinue if exposed to chickenpox, measles, or tuberculosis, have symptoms of an infection (eg, persistent fever), change in vision, severe or frequent nosebleeds. Children 6–<12yrs: monitor and re-evaluate if treatment requires >2 months per year. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant other steroid drugs for asthma, allergies, or skin rash.
Reduced growth velocity in children.
Spray—5mL (60 sprays), 8.4mL (120 sprays)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Characteristics of Unipolar Mania, Distinct from Bipolar Disorder, Described
- Aspirin, N-Acetylcysteine Effective Adjunctive Treatments in Bipolar Depression
- Subthreshold Pediatric Bipolar Disorder Is a Significant Psychiatric Burden
- Interview-Only Version of Yale-Brown Obsessive-Compulsive Scale Effective for OCD Monitoring in Youth
- Potential Biomarker Differentiates Between Bipolar Disorder With, Without Psychosis
- Part 1: Adolescent Tech Use and Mental Health: Expert Roundtable
- Challenging Stigma: Should Psychiatrists Disclose Their Own Mental Illness?
- Social Anxiety in Schizophrenia: An Overlooked Problem
- Inflammation: Is It the Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Depression?
- Childhood Physical Violence Associated With Decreased Total Cholesterol
- How the Government Shutdown Affects FDA Activities
- The Robot Will See You Now: The Increasing Role of Robotics in Psychiatric Care
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Improves Psychiatric Disorders During Addiction Therapy
- Infections, Antibiotics Associated With Subsequent Increased Risk for Mental Disorders in Youth