Generic Name and Formulations:
Temazepam 7.5mg, 15mg, 22.5mg, 30mg; caps.
Indications for RESTORIL:
Short-term (7–10 days) treatment of insomnia.
Use lowest effective dose. Usual dose: 7.5mg–30mg at bedtime. Elderly or debilitated: initially 7.5mg. Max 1 month/℞.
<18yrs: not established.
Risks from concomitant use with opioids (see Interactions). Suicidal tendencies. Depression. Pulmonary, renal, or hepatic impairment. Drug or alcohol abuse. Reevaluate if used ≥2 weeks. Sleep disturbances after stopping drug. Avoid abrupt cessation after prolonged use. Elderly. Nursing mothers.
Increased sedation, respiratory depression, coma, and death with concomitant opioids; reserve use in those for whom alternative treatment options are inadequate; if needed, limit dosages/durations to minimum and monitor. Additive CNS depressant effects with alcohol or other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, headache, fatigue, nervousness, lethargy, dizziness, hangover, confusion, weakness, paradoxical excitement, euphoria; sleep-driving and other complex behaviors (eg, preparing/eating food), anaphylaxis, angioedema.
Caps 7.5mg—30, 100; 22.5mg—30; 15mg, 30mg—100
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Supported Employment vs Transitional Work in Veterans With PTSD
- Comparing Pharmacologic Treatments for Prevention of Rehospitalization in BP
- Preliminary Evidence Suggests Suicidal Thinking Is Self-Reinforcing
- Lower Fluoxetine Efficacy in Elderly Patients With Major Depressive Disorder
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling