RENOVA 0.02% Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Tretinoin 0.02%; crm.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for RENOVA 0.02%:
Adjunct to comprehensive skin care and sunlight avoidance programs in the palliation of fine facial wrinkles.
≥18 years: Wash face with mild soap, pat dry and wait 20–30 minutes before use. Apply a small amount to cover entire affected area lightly once daily in the PM. Do not wash face, or use other skin care products for at least 1 hour after application. Discontinue if sensitivity, irritation, or systemic reactions occur.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Do not use on sunburn, eczema, other chronic skin conditions, or for sun-sensitive patients. Avoid eyes, ears, mouth, angle of nose, mucous membranes, sun, UV light. Increased irritation in extreme weather. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid photosensitizers, topical irritants, and drying agents.
Local erythema, peeling, dry skin, burning, stinging, pruritus, hypo- or hyperpigmentation.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of ADHD Relatively Stable Over Time Despite Increase in Diagnoses
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Evidence of Methylphenidate Abuse: Characterizing Patterns of Use in Pediatric and Adult Populations
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- Most Patients Comfortable With Clinicians Asking About Sexual Orientation
- Peer-to-Peer Depression Awareness Program May Be Beneficial
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders