Generic Name and Formulations:
Thrombin [recombinant] 5000 IU, 20000 IU; per vial; pwd for topical use after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for RECOTHROM:
Aid to hemostasis for minor bleeding/oozing from capillaries and venules when standard surgical techniques are inadequate or ineffective. May use with absorbable gelatin sponge.
Apply directly to bleeding area, or soak into absorbable gelatin sponge and apply in a single layer.
Not for direct injection into circulatory system. Not for treatment of massive or brisk arterial bleeding. Hypersensitivity to hamster proteins.
Avoid systemic absorption (thrombosis may occur). Hypersensitivity to snake proteins. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Incision site complication, infection, pain, bleeding, nausea/vomiting, cardiac events, thromboembolic events.
Single-use vial (5000 IU, 20000 IU)—1 (w. diluent, supplies)
20000 IU Recothrom kit (co-packaged with ZymoGenetics Spray Applicator Kit)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality May Improve Bipolar Disorder Symptoms
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents