Generic Name and Formulations:
Human fibrinogen 79mg, human thrombin 699 IU; per 1g; ready-to-use pwd; preservative-free; contains trehalose, calcium chloride.
Indications for RAPLIXA:
Adjunct to hemostasis for mild-to-moderate bleeding in adults undergoing surgery when control of bleeding by standard surgical techniques is ineffective or impractical. Use in conjunction with absorbable gelatin sponge or RaplixaSpray device.
See full labeling. Apply to surface of bleeding tissue only; give directly from vial using absorbable gelatin sponge or RaplixaSpray device (max 2 vials per device). Individualize dose based on size of bleeding area; max total dose 3g per surgery. Max surface area (25cm2 [vial] or 50cm2 [RaplixaSpray]): use 0.5g; (50cm2 [vial] or 100cm2 [RaplixaSpray]): use 1g; (100cm2 [vial] or 200cm2 [RaplixaSpray]): use 2g.
Intravascular use. Severe or brisk arterial bleeding. Systemic reactions to human blood products.
For topical use only. Life-threatening thrombosis possible from intravascular application. Monitor BP, pulse, oxygen saturation, end tidal CO2 for signs/symptoms of embolism. Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission (eg, viruses, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease agent). Discontinue immediately if hypersensitivity reactions occur. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Procedural pain, nausea, constipation, pyrexia, hypotension; infection, possible antibody formation.
Single-use vial (0.5g, 1g, 2g)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Supported Employment vs Transitional Work in Veterans With PTSD
- Comparing Pharmacologic Treatments for Prevention of Rehospitalization in BP
- Preliminary Evidence Suggests Suicidal Thinking Is Self-Reinforcing
- Lower Fluoxetine Efficacy in Elderly Patients With Major Depressive Disorder
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling