Generic Name and Formulations:
Diphtheria and tetanus toxoids, acellular pertussis; aluminum phosphate adsorbed + inactivated poliovirus vaccine; susp for IM inj; contains 2-phenoxyethanol, and residual amounts of formaldehyde, glutaraldehyde, bovine serum albumin, neomycin, polymyxin B; preservative-free.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for QUADRACEL:
Active immunization against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, and poliomyelitis in children 4–6yrs of age: as 5th dose in DTaP series or as 4th or 5th dose in the IPV series following 4 doses of Pentacel and/or Daptacel.
<4yrs or >6yrs: not established. 4–6yrs: Each dose is 0.5mL IM, given once into deltoid muscle.
Anaphylaxis associated with any previous dose or component. Encephalopathy within 7 days of a previous pertussis-containing vaccine. Progressive neurologic disorders (eg, infantile spasms, uncontrolled epilepsy, or progressive encephalopathy).
Fever (≥105°F within 48 hours), persistent inconsolable crying (≥3 hours within 48 hours), shock (within 48 hours), seizures (within 3 days), Guillain-Barre Syndrome (within 6 weeks) of previous tetanus toxoid-containing vaccine. Immunocompromised. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
DTaP + IPV.
Concomitant vaccines: see full labeling. Immunosuppressants (eg, radiation, chemotherapy, high-dose steroids): may get suboptimal response.
Inj site reactions (eg, pain, increase in arm circumference, erythema, swelling), mylagia, malaise, headache, fever.
Single-dose vials (0.5mL)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality May Improve Bipolar Disorder Symptoms
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents