Generic Name and Formulations:
Beclomethasone dipropionate 40mcg, 80mcg; per actuation; non-aqueous nasal spray soln.
Indications for QNASL:
Seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis.
Adults and Children:
<4yrs: not established. 4–11yrs: 1 spray (40mcg) in each nostril once daily; max: 2 sprays per day. ≥12yrs: 2 sprays (80mcg) in each nostril once daily; max: 4 sprays per day.
Avoid in recent nasal septal ulcers, nasal surgery, or nasal trauma until healed. Monitor periodically for possible changes in nasal mucosa or Candida infection with long-term use. Discontinue if nasal erosion/ulceration or Candida infection occur (treat with local therapy). Change in vision, history of increased intraocular pressure, blurred vision, glaucoma, and/or cataracts: monitor closely. Respiratory tract tuberculosis. Untreated infections (eg, fungal, bacterial, viral, ocular herpes simplex). If exposed to measles or chickenpox, consider anti-infective prophylactic therapy. If adrenal insufficiency exists following systemic corticosteroid therapy, replacement with intranasal corticosteroids may exacerbate symptoms of adrenal insufficiency (eg, lassitude, depression). Monitor for hypercorticism and adrenal suppression (if occur discontinue gradually). Monitor for growth suppression in children. Avoid eyes, mouth and face. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Nasal discomfort, epistaxis, headache, pyrexia, upper respiratory tract infection, nasopharyngitis; hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue if occurs).
Aerosol 40mcg—4.9g (60 actuations), 8.7g (120 actuations); 80mcg—8.7g (120 actuations)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition