The results demonstrated that the proposed revision was less likely to identify patients with mild to moderate post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms who might still require treatment.
Posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms may be associated with higher levels of acute pain and pain interference in low-income inner city women.
As a result of 6 phase 2 trials, the FDA has designated MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD as breakthrough therapy.
These data may be useful in developing care strategies for mothers suffering from stress exposure and in predicting the temperaments of their children.
Significant reductions in all symptom scores after intervention in military personnel.
Cognitive processing therapy was directly compared with written exposure therapy for individuals with PTSD.
Individuals with chronic pain and PTSD have poor pain-related outcomes.
Mean reductions in Clinician-Administered PTSD Scale scores from baseline were significantly greater in the propranolol group compared with the placebo group.
Prolonged exposure therapy was associated with a greater reduction in PTSD symptom severity compared with a minimal-contact control.
Catatstrophic thinking about pain in children may mediate the relationship between chronic pain and PTSD.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Belief That Abortion Harms Women's Mental Health Appears Misinformed
- Models Derived From Electronic Health Records Effective in Predicting Suicide Risk
- Probiotics Effective in Reducing Rehospitalization for Patients With Mania
- Caffeine Sodium Benzoate Effective as Electroconvulsive Therapy Augmentation
- Personality Disorders Related to Adverse Outcomes in Bipolar Disorder
- Court-Mandated Substance Abuse Treatment: Exploring the Ethics and Efficacy
- ADHD Treatments
- Esketamine Nasal Spray: A New Treatment Possibility for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Pharmacogenetics in Psychiatry: Promising Developments and Potential Pitfalls
- Substance Abuse and Primary Psychosis: A Closer Look
- Comorbid OCD Confers Greater Neurocognitive Impairment in Schizophrenia
- Smartphone Technology Allows Diagnosis of Autism in ResearchKit Feasibility Study
- APA: Suicide Prevention Should Be a Public Health Priority
- Higher Blood Pressure at Midlife Increases Risk for Dementia
- Preop Psychiatric Diagnoses Not Tied to Bariatric Surgery Outcomes in Teens