Intensive short-term dynamic psychotherapy is tailored to the patient's anxiety tolerance.
Borderline personality disorder symptoms, self-harm, and suicide were effectively reduced by psychotherapy treatment.
Psychotherapy session appears most effective in the morning when cortisol levels are high.
This may be the first study demonstrating improvement in cognitive symptoms in breast cancer survivors with long-term memory complaints.
Cognitive behavioral therapy is an effective method of chronic pain treatment, either alone or in conjunction with other pain therapies.
The number and timing of follow-up psychotherapy visits may be inadequate to deliver evidence-based psychotherapy.
Transference-focused psychotherapy is associated with alterations in frontolimbic circuitry in borderline personality disorder.
Researchers discovered unpublished studies on psychotherapy that found the benefit of it not as great as thought.
Psychotherapy is useful in treating bulimia and binge eating, while anorexia remains the most difficult eating disorder to tackle.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age