Intensive short-term dynamic psychotherapy is tailored to the patient's anxiety tolerance.
Borderline personality disorder symptoms, self-harm, and suicide were effectively reduced by psychotherapy treatment.
Psychotherapy session appears most effective in the morning when cortisol levels are high.
This may be the first study demonstrating improvement in cognitive symptoms in breast cancer survivors with long-term memory complaints.
Cognitive behavioral therapy is an effective method of chronic pain treatment, either alone or in conjunction with other pain therapies.
The number and timing of follow-up psychotherapy visits may be inadequate to deliver evidence-based psychotherapy.
Transference-focused psychotherapy is associated with alterations in frontolimbic circuitry in borderline personality disorder.
Researchers discovered unpublished studies on psychotherapy that found the benefit of it not as great as thought.
Psychotherapy is useful in treating bulimia and binge eating, while anorexia remains the most difficult eating disorder to tackle.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Methylphenidate for ADHD Treatment May Be Associated With Low BMI
- Patients With Schizophrenia May Benefit From Occupational Therapy
- Minocycline vs Routine Care for Clinical Symptom Improvement in Schizophrenia
- Temperament Traits May Predict Treatment Outcomes Depression
- Psychiatric Screening Tool for EMS Aims to Reduce Emergency Department Burden
- Oral Therapy for Suicidal Bipolar Depression Gets Breakthrough Designation
- Psychotic Experiences Linked to Anxiety and Somatic Symptoms in Preadolescent
- DSM-5 Anxious Distress Specifier Valid for Major Depressive Disorder
- Social Stigma Worsens Mental Health With Autism
- Onset of Psychosis Not Related to Cognitive Deterioration in Schizophrenia