Intensive short-term dynamic psychotherapy is tailored to the patient's anxiety tolerance.
Borderline personality disorder symptoms, self-harm, and suicide were effectively reduced by psychotherapy treatment.
Psychotherapy session appears most effective in the morning when cortisol levels are high.
This may be the first study demonstrating improvement in cognitive symptoms in breast cancer survivors with long-term memory complaints.
Cognitive behavioral therapy is an effective method of chronic pain treatment, either alone or in conjunction with other pain therapies.
The number and timing of follow-up psychotherapy visits may be inadequate to deliver evidence-based psychotherapy.
Transference-focused psychotherapy is associated with alterations in frontolimbic circuitry in borderline personality disorder.
Researchers discovered unpublished studies on psychotherapy that found the benefit of it not as great as thought.
Psychotherapy is useful in treating bulimia and binge eating, while anorexia remains the most difficult eating disorder to tackle.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Family History of Psychiatric Disorders an Important Predictor of Postpartum Psychiatric Illness
- New APA President Takes Office as the First African-American to Lead the Organization
- Antidepressant Use May Be Linked With Sustained Risk for Weight Gain
- MDMA-Assisted Psychotherapy Effective for Treating PTSD in Veterans, First Responders
- Substance Abuse and Primary Psychosis: A Closer Look
- How Parents Can Enhance Autism Treatment: Use of Intervention Strategies at Home
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Effective in Children With Autism
- The Cutting Edge of Schizophrenia Research: VR as Treatment for Psychosis
- Cannabidiol Not Associated With Improvement in Chronic Schizophrenia
- Methadone Maintenance Therapy Associated With Greater Access to Physician Care in HCV-Positive Drug Users
- New Dimensions in Psychopathy: Are There Cultural Differences in Psychopaths?
- Addressing Psychiatric Comorbidities in Inflammatory Rheumatic Diseases
- Exploring the Link Between Persistent Infection, Inflammation, and Mood Disorders
- CDC: No Change in Level of Uninsured in US in 2017
- Benefit of Behavioral Activation During TMS for Major Depressive Disorder