Psych Congress 2017
Different clinical and neurobiologic pathways may be involved in treatment-resistant schizophrenia as it is not a homogeneous subgroup within the schizophrenia spectrum.
While there has been increasing understanding of Alzheimer's neuropathology, little is known about the relationship between progression of agitation and disease severity.
Augmentation therapy for treatment-resistant major depressive disorder includes multiple options with different strengths and limitations.
Combination treatment may provide relief from the distinctive symptoms of severe, recurrent temper outbursts and persistent irritability.
Benefits of telehealth in psychiatry include lower cost of care, higher rates of healthcare utilization, and fewer missed appointments.
Recent changes in our understanding of autism are driving advances in diagnosis, evidence-based treatment, and ultimately patient outcomes.
Traumatic brain injury is a significant burden on the US health system and is a contributing factor in one-third of all injury-related deaths.
New pharmacotherapies in combination with psychotherapy and counseling have proven effective in preventing relapse.
Shared decision making encourages a clinical partnership that can result in optimal treatment outcomes.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses