Psych Congress 2017 Coverage
For patients with bipolar disorder and major depressive disorder, reduction in dose of antipsychotic medication could lead to an increased rate of hospitalization.
While there has been increasing understanding of Alzheimer's neuropathology, little is known about the relationship between progression of agitation and disease severity.
Combination treatment may provide relief from the distinctive symptoms of severe, recurrent temper outbursts and persistent irritability.
Benefits of telehealth in psychiatry include lower cost of care, higher rates of healthcare utilization, and fewer missed appointments.
Recent changes in our understanding of autism are driving advances in diagnosis, evidence-based treatment, and ultimately patient outcomes.
Traumatic brain injury is a significant burden on the US health system and is a contributing factor in one-third of all injury-related deaths.
New pharmacotherapies in combination with psychotherapy and counseling have proven effective in preventing relapse.
Shared decision making encourages a clinical partnership that can result in optimal treatment outcomes.
The Psych Congress's mission is to connect professionals representing all aspects of mental health treatment.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses