Generic Name and Formulations:
Gadoteridol 279.3mg/mL; soln for IV inj; preservative-free.
Indications for PROHANCE:
For use in MRI in adults and children ≥2 years of age to visualize lesions with abnormal vascularity in the brain (intracranial lesions), spine and associated tissues. For use in MRI in adults to visualize lesions in the head and neck.
Give as rapid IV infusion (10–60mL/min) or bolus (>60mL/min). CNS: 0.2mL/kg; a second dose of 0.4mL/kg may be given up to 30 minutes after the first in patients suspected of having poorly enhancing lesions. Extracranial/extraspinal tissues: 0.2mL/kg.
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: CNS: 0.2mL/kg.
Chronic, severe kidney disease (GFR<30mL/min/1.73m2), acute kidney injury: increased risk of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis; avoid unless necessary, allow sufficient period of time for elimination prior to re-administration. Screen for acute kidney injury and other conditions that reduce renal function (eg, >60yrs, hypertension, diabetes). Sickle cell anemia and other hemoglobinopathies. Renal or hepatic failure. Seizure disorder. History of asthma/allergic disorders. Anaphylactoid reaction possible (may be fatal); have emergency resuscitative equipment available. Avoid extravasation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Gadolinium-based contrast agent.
Nausea, taste perversion.
Single-dose vials (5mL, 10mL, 15mL, 20mL)—5; Prefilled syringe (10mL, 17mL)—5
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders