Generic Name and Formulations:
Lansoprazole 30mg (2 caps containing e-c granules), clarithromycin 500mg (2 tabs), amoxicillin 500mg (4 caps); per pack.
Takeda Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc.
Indications for PREVPAC:
To eradicate H. pylori to reduce risk of duodenal ulcer recurrence.
Lansoprazole 30mg + clarithromycin 500mg + amoxicillin 1g, all twice daily for 10 or 14 days. Renal dysfunction (CrCl <30mL/min): not recommended.
Proton pump inhibitor + antibiotics (macrolide + penicillin).
For contraindications, warnings/precautions, interactions, and adverse reactions see entries for Prevacid, Biaxin, and Amoxil.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders