The Oregon Foundation for Reproductive Health recommends that all medical providers ask all female patients of reproductive age if they plan to become pregnant in the next year.
Lithium use in women of reproductive age or pregnant women may increase in the risk of cardiac malformations.
Effective methods to curb smoking during pregnancy include counseling, feedback, and monetary incentives.
The risk for offspring's development of psychosis is connected to maternal weight gain during pregnancy.
Treatment for subclinical hypothyroidism or hypothyroxinemia before 20 weeks of gestation is not associated with better cognitive outcomes in children.
Self-harm has been the leading cause of pregnancy-related deaths in Colorado between 2004 and 2012.
Effects of fetal exposure are yet to be determined.
Nicotine exposure during pregnancy through cigarette smoking is associated with schizophrenia in offspring.
Women who took vitamin B and folate supplements during pregnancy were less likely to have a child with autism.
Thirty-one percent of respondents believed that Zika is transmitted through coughing and sneezing.
Researchers found that intense behavioral health follow-up was crucial to reduce the occurrence of neonatal abstinence syndrome.
Oxytocin levels predicted the severity of postpartum depression symptoms among women with a history of depression.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders