The growing threat of hacking is increasing the number of physicians buying cyber insurance.
Advance care planning in frail older adults does not increase patient activation or quality of life.
MHPAEA enforcement was positively associated with lower spending for mental illness treatment among those with parity-associated policies.
A new policy opposing lockout provisions that block Medicaid patients from the program for lengthy periods was adopted by the AMA House of Delegates.
Additional codes have been approved by the CPT Editorial Panel for chronic care remote physiologic monitoring and internet consultations.
Building cohesive teams in teaching clinics can help blend clinical care with education for residents.
Female internists earn less than men, across many demographic and employment indicators.
There is considerable variation in specialty drug coverage across commercial health plans.
By understanding 3 indices and metrics, physicians can change the financial outcome of their medical practice.
The council will examine health care spending in the US and provide a focal point for discussion, analysis, and action on health care spending and values.
Physicians need to accept that the health care industry is changing.
Targeted steps can be taken to minimize future risks of lawsuits.
Allowing front desk staff adequate time and an uninterrupted environment to focus on billing can prevent problems later on
In order to achieve universal health coverage, stakeholders must focus on the quality of health services.
Four strategies were presented to help physicians make personal and professional gains.
Assessing and improving patient satisfaction can help physicians avoid being sued for malpractice.
Practices and physicians should prepare for emergency situations, such as natural disasters, network communications failures, and active shooter situations.
Sound healing — a meditation technique that focuses on the power of sound — may offer a solution to physician burnout.
Insurance companies sometimes underpay physicians the contracted amount for a service or procedure.
Medical institutions and organizations need to ensure there are proactive interventions to transform the workplace in order to address sexual harassment and discrimination.
Embezzlement occurs frequently in medical practices and steps should be taken to prevent it.
Coverage rates and access to care are significantly higher in states with Medicaid expansion, compared with non-expansion states.
Mental health does not differ significantly between offspring with sexual minority parents from the community-based National Longitudinal Lesbian Family Study and a matched normative population-based sample.
Strategies, including a paid time off bank, allow staff some flexibility while maintaining a business.
The FDA has released new guidance for drug developers that could potentially lead to the approval of a wider range of nonprescription drug products.
Physician burnout, fatigue, and work-unit safety grades are independently associated with medical errors.
From 2001 to 2015 there was a decrease in the percentage of health care professionals who are self-employed and a decrease in the earning gap between self-employed and employed health care professionals.
Virtual assistant programs like Google Assistant, Siri, and Alexa are not yet in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
Overlooking women in medicine can have far-reaching consequences.
Despite good intentions, HIPAA is shrouded in myth and misapplication that does more harm than good for both patients and physicians.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Atypical Symptom Presentations in Pediatric OCD
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents
- Strong Social Networks May Mitigate the Effects of Childhood Adversity
- Light Therapy Effective for Older Adults with Nonseasonal Depression
- AMA Adopts Policy on Augmented Intelligence
- Parental Belief in Religion Lowers Child Suicide Risk
- Appetitive Symptoms, Fluoxetine, and Light Therapy: Predicting Treatment Response for Nonseasonal Major Depression
- Bipolar Disorder Patients Benefit From Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality