Information to help you run the business side of your practice
Identifying a patient's preferences and goals leads to a care plan that can reflect those goals, and this may improve patient satisfaction.
Data breaches affecting health care systems or their partners need to be addressed quickly.
Direct supervision in which attending physicians join work rounds does not reduce the rate of medical errors.
A meditation and stress reduction program may be as effective as structured exercise programs for increasing physical activity.
Researchers used administrative data to compare effectiveness measures in physicians who either did or did not maintain certification in the 20 years following their initial certification.
Approximately 5% of patients in the United States contribute to half of total healthcare spending.
Mental health outcomes in patients with RA are unlikely to resolve with effective RA pharmacological disease management alone.
Currently, 12 states have implemented laws allowing the denial of services to sexual minorities, including gays, lesbians, bisexuals, or those not sure of their sexual orientation
Since his rise to fame on The Oprah Winfrey Show, Dr Mehmet Oz has spent his TV career hawking all kinds of questionable medical science.
Physicians have a role to play in caring for caregivers to help prevent burnout.
The US FDA has issued draft guidance for industry regarding the science and ethics of including pregnant women in drug development clinical trials.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Belief That Abortion Harms Women's Mental Health Appears Misinformed
- Models Derived From Electronic Health Records Effective in Predicting Suicide Risk
- Probiotics Effective in Reducing Rehospitalization for Patients With Mania
- Caffeine Sodium Benzoate Effective as Electroconvulsive Therapy Augmentation
- Personality Disorders Related to Adverse Outcomes in Bipolar Disorder
- Court-Mandated Substance Abuse Treatment: Exploring the Ethics and Efficacy
- ADHD Treatments
- Esketamine Nasal Spray: A New Treatment Possibility for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Pharmacogenetics in Psychiatry: Promising Developments and Potential Pitfalls
- Substance Abuse and Primary Psychosis: A Closer Look
- APA: Suicide Prevention Should Be a Public Health Priority
- Higher Blood Pressure at Midlife Increases Risk for Dementia
- Preop Psychiatric Diagnoses Not Tied to Bariatric Surgery Outcomes in Teens
- Meds With Depression As Adverse Side Effect Commonly Used
- Predictors of Long-term Medication Adherence in Children With ADHD