Generic Name and Formulations:
Necitumumab 800mg/50mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Lilly, Eli and Company
Indications for PORTRAZZA:
In combination with gemcitabine and cisplatin, for first-line treatment of metastatic squamous non-small cell lung cancer.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treatment of non-squamous non-small cell lung cancer.
Give by IV infusion over 60 mins prior to gemcitabine and cisplatin infusion. 800mg on Days 1 and 8 of each 3-week cycle; continue until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. May premedicate with diphenhydramine HCl (or equivalent) if previously experienced a Grade 1/2 infusion-related reaction. Dose modifications: see full labeling.
Cardiopulmonary arrest. Hypomagnesemia.
Risk of cardiopulmonary arrest and/or sudden death, hypomagnesemia. History of coronary artery disease, CHF, or arrhythmias. Monitor serum electrolytes (eg, magnesium, potassium, calcium) prior to each infusion during therapy and for at least 8 weeks after last dose; withhold for Grade 3/4 electrolyte abnormalities and may resume once improved to Grade ≤2. Replete electrolytes as medically appropriate. Discontinue if serious or life-threatening venous/arterial thromboembolic events or infusion-related reactions occur. Discontinue if Grade 4 skin reactions or Grade 3 skin induration/fibrosis occurs. Limit sun exposure. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy; avoid. Use effective contraception during treatment and for 3 months after last dose. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during therapy and for 3 months after last dose).
Human epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitor.
Rash, dermatitis acneiform, vomiting, diarrhea, thromboembolic events, hypomagnesemia, hypocalcemia, hypokalemia; cardiopulmonary arrest, dermatologic toxicities, infusion reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Characteristics of Unipolar Mania, Distinct from Bipolar Disorder, Described
- Aspirin, N-Acetylcysteine Effective Adjunctive Treatments in Bipolar Depression
- Subthreshold Pediatric Bipolar Disorder Is a Significant Psychiatric Burden
- Interview-Only Version of Yale-Brown Obsessive-Compulsive Scale Effective for OCD Monitoring in Youth
- Potential Biomarker Differentiates Between Bipolar Disorder With, Without Psychosis
- Part 1: Adolescent Tech Use and Mental Health: Expert Roundtable
- Challenging Stigma: Should Psychiatrists Disclose Their Own Mental Illness?
- Social Anxiety in Schizophrenia: An Overlooked Problem
- Inflammation: Is It the Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Depression?
- Childhood Physical Violence Associated With Decreased Total Cholesterol
- How the Government Shutdown Affects FDA Activities
- The Robot Will See You Now: The Increasing Role of Robotics in Psychiatric Care
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Improves Psychiatric Disorders During Addiction Therapy
- Infections, Antibiotics Associated With Subsequent Increased Risk for Mental Disorders in Youth