The Obsessive Beliefs Questionnaire-9 may also potentially be used outside of intensive care settings, such as in longitudinal research.
The prevalence of borderline personality disorder is estimated to between 15% and 20% in inpatient settings.
The authors discouraged physicians from the prescription of lamotrigine, despite the "considerable pressure" that may be created by its recommendation in certain textbooks.
Politically focused intrusive thoughts and associated ritualistic behaviors are associated with measures of psychopathology and disability.
It is unknown whether training in emotional, social, and practical skills generalize to the "real world" setting once offenders are released.
Over the past 10 years, a strong research base has been mounting supporting the concept of a diagnosis of borderline personality disorder in teens.
Re-evaluation of Fear Processing in Psychopathy: New Evidence and Application to Other Psychiatric DisordersAugust 30, 2016
This is the first meta-analysis to examine subjective emotion experience in psychopathy.
Assessment of comorbid personality disorder could be key to successful weight loss strategies.
Many clinicians are apprehensive about the risk associated with symptoms of BPD, such as self-harm and suicidal behavior.
Preemies may possess elevated levels of characteristics that put them at risk for peer victimization, including more anxiety and depression.
Patients are usually women; most have chronic, severe conditions with histories of suicide.
Superior to online supportive therapy for symptoms of body dysmorphic disorder.
Nicotine-dependent smokers who began smoking in the 1980s were more likely than older smokers to have a psychiatric condition, such as bipolar disorder, antisocial personality disorder, or ADHD.
Transference-focused psychotherapy is associated with alterations in frontolimbic circuitry in borderline personality disorder.
Researchers found significant improvements in hair-pulling symptoms with both "decoupling" and progressive muscle relaxation.
By the end of the exposure and response prevention therapy treatment, more than half of the patients with OCD were considered excellent responders.
IED has comorbidities, including mood disorders, lifetime prevalence of anxiety disorders, personality disorders, and substance abuse.
Those in the negative spirituality group reported significantly worse pain as well as worse physical and mental health.
Homosexual and bisexual men had higher rates of eating disorders than straight men.
Functional MRI scans show those who have borderline personality disorder traits have less activity in areas of the brain involved in empathy.
In an experiment, researchers found that clinicians assumed behaviors that were not present in diagnosing a patient.
Extremist organizations attract vulnerable members by emphasizing victimization and sense of identity.
Morbidity and suicidality associated with borderline personality disorder rivals that of bipolar disorder, yet former is not as well researched.
Quick-to-anger gun owners also have elevated risk of personality disorders, alcohol abuse, anxiety and PTSD, the researchers said.
Many clinicians believe that BPD patients are often treatment resistant and overly demanding.
Boredom, frustration and impatience can promote skin-picking, nail-biting and hair-pulling in some people.
Study found 7.6% of bipolar disorder type I patients also met DSM criteria for OCD, while an additional 4% had subclinical OCD.
In higher doses, Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate) helped to curb binge eating.
Men who post a lot of selfies on social media more likely to be narcissistic and have psychopathic personality traits.
Social isolation, problematic relationships with peers, and low self-esteem common in people with both gambling problems and personality disorders.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Hospitalization Rates in Schizophrenia—Lurasidone vs Quetiapine
- Psychopathology of Adults Affected by Pre- and Perinatal Factors, Family Functioning
- Family History of Psychiatric Disorders an Important Predictor of Postpartum Psychiatric Illness
- Anxiety: Feature of Late-Onset Dementia or Modifiable Risk Factor?
- New APA President Takes Office as the First African-American to Lead the Organization
- Video Games and Exercise as Alternative Therapies for ADHD
- How Parents Can Enhance Autism Treatment: Use of Intervention Strategies at Home
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Effective in Children With Autism
- The Cutting Edge of Schizophrenia Research: VR as Treatment for Psychosis
- Comorbid Autism Spectrum Disorder and OCD: Challenges in Diagnosis and Treatment
- New Dimensions in Psychopathy: Are There Cultural Differences in Psychopaths?
- Addressing Psychiatric Comorbidities in Inflammatory Rheumatic Diseases
- Exploring the Link Between Persistent Infection, Inflammation, and Mood Disorders
- CDC: No Change in Level of Uninsured in US in 2017
- Benefit of Behavioral Activation During TMS for Major Depressive Disorder