The prevalence of borderline personality disorder is estimated to between 15% and 20% in inpatient settings.
The Obsessive Beliefs Questionnaire-9 may also potentially be used outside of intensive care settings, such as in longitudinal research.
The authors discouraged physicians from the prescription of lamotrigine, despite the "considerable pressure" that may be created by its recommendation in certain textbooks.
Politically focused intrusive thoughts and associated ritualistic behaviors are associated with measures of psychopathology and disability.
Mindfulness, an awareness of one's present experience without labeling it as good or bad, is a fundamental skill taught in dialectical behavior therapy group skills training.
Re-evaluation of Fear Processing in Psychopathy: New Evidence and Application to Other Psychiatric Disorders
This is the first meta-analysis to examine subjective emotion experience in psychopathy.
Assessment of comorbid personality disorder could be key to successful weight loss strategies.
Preemies may possess elevated levels of characteristics that put them at risk for peer victimization, including more anxiety and depression.
Patients are usually women; most have chronic, severe conditions with histories of suicide.
Superior to online supportive therapy for symptoms of body dysmorphic disorder.
Nicotine-dependent smokers who began smoking in the 1980s were more likely than older smokers to have a psychiatric condition, such as bipolar disorder, antisocial personality disorder, or ADHD.
Transference-focused psychotherapy is associated with alterations in frontolimbic circuitry in borderline personality disorder.
Extremist organizations attract vulnerable members by emphasizing victimization and sense of identity.
Quick-to-anger gun owners also have elevated risk of personality disorders, alcohol abuse, anxiety and PTSD, the researchers said.
Boredom, frustration and impatience can promote skin-picking, nail-biting and hair-pulling in some people.
In higher doses, Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate) helped to curb binge eating.
Effects seen for women, not men, and for those aged 51 to 64 years, but not those aged 65 and older.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Belief That Abortion Harms Women's Mental Health Appears Misinformed
- Models Derived From Electronic Health Records Effective in Predicting Suicide Risk
- Probiotics Effective in Reducing Rehospitalization for Patients With Mania
- Caffeine Sodium Benzoate Effective as Electroconvulsive Therapy Augmentation
- Personality Disorders Related to Adverse Outcomes in Bipolar Disorder
- Court-Mandated Substance Abuse Treatment: Exploring the Ethics and Efficacy
- ADHD Treatments
- Esketamine Nasal Spray: A New Treatment Possibility for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Pharmacogenetics in Psychiatry: Promising Developments and Potential Pitfalls
- Substance Abuse and Primary Psychosis: A Closer Look
- Preop Psychiatric Diagnoses Not Tied to Bariatric Surgery Outcomes in Teens
- Meds With Depression As Adverse Side Effect Commonly Used
- Predictors of Long-term Medication Adherence in Children With ADHD
- Antipsychotic Treatment Linked to Adiposity Changes in Youth
- Exposure to Maternal Hypertension May Up Risk for ASD, ADHD in Child