PEDIA-LAX LIQUID STOOL SOFTENER OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Docusate sodium 50mg; per 15mL; fruit punch-flavored; contains sodium 13mg/15mL.
Fleet, C.B., Company
Indications for PEDIA-LAX LIQUID STOOL SOFTENER:
Prevention of dry, hard stools. Occasional constipation.
<2yrs: not recommended. Mix liq in 6–8oz of milk or juice. 2–11yrs: 50mg–150mg daily; may be given as a single dose or in divided doses. Max 150mg/day. Results usually within 12–72 hrs; reevaluate if ineffective.
Discontinue if rectal bleeding or no bowel movement occurs.
Concurrent mineral oil use: not recommended.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Suicide Risk After Self-Harm Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Safety, Efficacy of Deep Brain Stimulation for Alzheimer Disease Examined
- Many Teens Who Use Tobacco Don't Self-Identify as Users