PEDIA-LAX CHEWABLE TABLETS OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Magnesium hydroxide 400mg; watermelon-flavored; contains magnesium 170mg per tab.
Fleet, C.B., Company
Indications for PEDIA-LAX CHEWABLE TABLETS:
<2yrs: not recommended. Drink 8oz of liquid with each dose. 2–5yrs: 1–3 tabs daily. 6–11yrs: 3–6 tabs daily. Both: may be given as a single dose or in divided doses. Results usually within 30 minutes to 6 hours; reevaluate if ineffective.
Renal disease. Magnesium-restricted diet. Discontinue if rectal bleeding or no bowel movement occurs.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- Early Childhood Out-of-Home Placement Associated With Adverse Outcomes in Adulthood
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Symptoms of Anxiety, Depression Differ Depending on Gender, Race, Ethnicity
- Examining Whether Adjunctive Glutamatergic Medication Further Eases OCD Symptoms
- FDA Permits Marketing of Brain Stimulation Device for OCD
- Antipsychotics Adversely Affect Adiposity and Insulin Sensitivity in Youths
- Know Before You Go: Practicing Medicine Abroad