Generic Name and Formulations:
Dexamethasone 0.7mg in the Novadur delivery system; intravitreal implant; preservative-free.
Indications for OZURDEX:
Macular edema following branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO) or central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO). Non-infectious uveitis affecting the posterior segment of the eye. Diabetic macular edema.
For ophthalmic intravitreal injection only. One implant in each affected eye(s).
Ocular or periocular infections. Glaucoma (cup to disc ratio >0.8). Torn or ruptured posterior lens capsule.
Monitor for intravitreal injection-related effects (eg, endophthalmitis, eye inflammation, increased intraocular pressure, retinal detachments) following the injection. Risk of potential steroid-related effects (eg, posterior subcapsular cataracts, glaucoma, secondary ocular infections). History of ocular herpes simplex: not recommended. Risk of implant migration to anterior chamber if posterior lens capsule is not intact. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Increased intraocular pressure, conjunctival hemorrhage, eye pain, conjunctival hyperemia, ocular hypertension, cataracts.
Single-use intravitreal implant—1 (w. applicator)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition