Generic Name and Formulations:
Calcium, elemental (as carbonate) 500mg; tabs; chew tabs.
Indications for OS-CAL:
Take with meals. 1 tab 2–3 times daily.
Blocks tetracycline absorption. Calcium absorption decreased by corticosteroids, foods such as rhubarb, spinach, bran.
GI discomfort, hypercalcemia, hypercalciuria.
500, 500+D—75, 160
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Suicide Risk After Self-Harm Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Safety, Efficacy of Deep Brain Stimulation for Alzheimer Disease Examined
- Many Teens Who Use Tobacco Don't Self-Identify as Users