Orphenadrine Citrate Extended-Release Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Orphenadrine citrate 100mg; sust-rel tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Orphenadrine Citrate Extended-Release Tablets:
Painful musculoskeletal conditions.
100mg twice daily (AM and PM).
Glaucoma. Achalasia. GU or GI obstruction. Myasthenia gravis.
Coronary disease, insufficiency, or arrhythmias. Asthma (inj). Monitor blood, urine, and liver in long-term use. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Potentiates anticholinergics, alcohol, other CNS depressants, MAOIs, antidepressants. Tremors, mental confusion with propoxyphene. Antagonizes steroids, barbiturates, phenylbutazone.
Tachycardia, transient dizziness or syncope, other anticholinergic effects (eg, weakness, increased intraocular pressure, urinary retention, blurred vision, dry mouth), GI upset.
Formerly known under the brand name Norflex.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality May Improve Bipolar Disorder Symptoms
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents