Orphenadrine 25mg/Aspirin 385mg/Caffeine 30mg Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Orphenadrine citrate 25mg, aspirin 385mg, caffeine 30mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Orphenadrine 25mg/Aspirin 385mg/Caffeine 30mg:
Painful musculoskeletal conditions.
1–2 tabs 3–4 times daily.
NSAID allergy. Varicella or influenza in teenagers. Glaucoma. Achalasia. GU or GI obstruction. Myasthenia gravis.
Coronary disease, insufficiency or tachycardia. History of bronchospasm. Peptic ulcer. Coagulation disorders. Monitor blood pressure, BUN, uric acid levels. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Anticholinergic + salicylate.
Increased risk of GI bleed/ulcer with alcohol, aspirin, NSAIDs, corticosteroids, anticoagulants. Potentiates oral hypoglycemics, anticholinergics, protein-bound drugs (eg, warfarin). Antagonizes steroids, barbiturates, phenylbutazone, uricosurics. Tremor and mental confusion with propoxyphene.
Tachycardia, transient dizziness or syncope, GI upset/bleed, anticholinergic effects (eg, dry mouth, blurred vision, increased intraocular pressure, urinary retention), weakness, headache, rash, blood dyscrasias.
Formerly known under the brand names Norgesic (25/385/30); Norgesic Forte (50/770/60).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Characteristics of Unipolar Mania, Distinct from Bipolar Disorder, Described
- Aspirin, N-Acetylcysteine Effective Adjunctive Treatments in Bipolar Depression
- Subthreshold Pediatric Bipolar Disorder Is a Significant Psychiatric Burden
- Potential Biomarker Differentiates Between Bipolar Disorder With, Without Psychosis
- Part 1: Adolescent Tech Use and Mental Health: Expert Roundtable
- Challenging Stigma: Should Psychiatrists Disclose Their Own Mental Illness?
- Social Anxiety in Schizophrenia: An Overlooked Problem
- Inflammation: Is It the Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Depression?
- Childhood Physical Violence Associated With Decreased Total Cholesterol
- How the Government Shutdown Affects FDA Activities
- The Robot Will See You Now: The Increasing Role of Robotics in Psychiatric Care
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Improves Psychiatric Disorders During Addiction Therapy
- Infections, Antibiotics Associated With Subsequent Increased Risk for Mental Disorders in Youth