Generic Name and Formulations:
Gadoversetamide 330.9mg/mL; soln for IV inj; preservative-free.
Indications for OPTIMARK:
For use with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in patients with abnormal blood brain barrier or abnormal vascularity of the brain, spine and associated tissues. For use with MRI to provide contrast enhancement and facilitate visualization of lesions with abnormal vascularity in the liver in patients who are highly suspect for liver structural abnormalities on computed tomography.
Give as bolus peripheral IV injection at a dose of 0.2mL/kg at a rate of 1–2mL/sec.
Chronic, severe renal disease (GFR <30mL/min/1.73m2) or acute renal injury.
Increase risk for nephrogenic systemic fibrosis in patients with impaired elimination of gadolinium-based contrast agents. Screen for acute kidney injury and other conditions that reduce renal function. Use lowest possible dose. Do not exceed recommended dose; allow sufficient period of time for elimination prior to re-administration. Sickle cell anemia and other hemoglobinopathies. Hemolytic anemias. History of asthma, allergy or other respiratory disorders. Anaphylactoid reactions possible; have emergency resuscitative equipment available. Monitor for hypersensitivity during and for several hours after injection; discontinue if occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended; discard breast milk up to 72hrs after injection.
Interference in serum iron, copper, zinc, and calcium measurements.
Gadolinium-based contrast agent.
Headache, vasodilation, taste perversion, dizziness, nausea, paresthesia; anaphylaxis (may be fatal).
Vials (5mL, 10mL, 15mL, 20mL)—10; Syringes (10mL, 15mL, 20mL, 30mL)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders