Electrical pulses are sent through small needles that are inserted in the ear to combat the early stages of detoxification, leading to stabilization.
Nine online networks, operating 53 websites, have been warned that they must stop illegally marketing potentially dangerous versions of opioid medications.
Non-research industry payments to physicians may be associated with increases in opioid prescribing rates.
The US Food and Drug Administration has issued warnings to 3 companies selling kratom-containing products with unsubstantiated claims regarding their effectiveness in conditions that include opioid withdrawal and addiction and chronic pain.
While many treatments for substance use disorder are not evidence based, several evidence-based approaches have shown effectiveness in court-mandated treatment settings.
A substantial proportion of these individuals diagnosed with HIV, psychiatric disorders, and substance use disorders are out of care and urgently require intervention.
Weekly or monthly buprenorphine depot injections were non-inferior to daily sublingual buprenorphine/naloxone in maintaining no evidence of illicit opioid use at 24 weeks in outpatients with opioid use disorder.
Unit-dose packaging of buprenorphine-naloxone associated with reduced pediatric unintentional exposures
Pediatric unintentional opioid exposures decreased by more than 75% following the introduction of child-resistant unit-dose packaging.
Lucemyra, a selective alpha 2-adrenergic receptor agonist, works by reducing the release of norepinephrine and decreasing sympathetic tone.
Receipt of opioid-related payments from industry in 2014 was associated with increased opioid prescribing in 2015.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Belief That Abortion Harms Women's Mental Health Appears Misinformed
- Models Derived From Electronic Health Records Effective in Predicting Suicide Risk
- Probiotics Effective in Reducing Rehospitalization for Patients With Mania
- Caffeine Sodium Benzoate Effective as Electroconvulsive Therapy Augmentation
- Personality Disorders Related to Adverse Outcomes in Bipolar Disorder
- Court-Mandated Substance Abuse Treatment: Exploring the Ethics and Efficacy
- ADHD Treatments
- Esketamine Nasal Spray: A New Treatment Possibility for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Pharmacogenetics in Psychiatry: Promising Developments and Potential Pitfalls
- Substance Abuse and Primary Psychosis: A Closer Look
- Preop Psychiatric Diagnoses Not Tied to Bariatric Surgery Outcomes in Teens
- Meds With Depression As Adverse Side Effect Commonly Used
- Predictors of Long-term Medication Adherence in Children With ADHD
- Antipsychotic Treatment Linked to Adiposity Changes in Youth
- Exposure to Maternal Hypertension May Up Risk for ASD, ADHD in Child