Heroin addicts were more compliant with taking monthly injections of naltrexone rather than consuming it in a pill version.
Many patients in a workers' compensation cohort have persistent opioid use.
The guideline formulated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in an effort to curb opioid overdose-related deaths included a recommendation for steep reductions in opioid doses for patients taking high doses of the drug for chronic pain.
The training has information on how to use several products including a nasal atomizer, Narcan Nasal Spray and Evzio.
Lofexidine may expand the treatment options available for managing withdrawal when buprenorphine and methadone are unavailable or undesirable.
A bipartisan bill meant to combat the United States' opioid abuse epidemic was signed into law October 24 by President Donald Trump.
In a rare bipartisan move, both the House and Senate have reached a compromise on legislation to address the opioid epidemic.
When alcohol and opioid addiction occur together, managing them concomitantly becomes challenging. Whereas some patients may not need medication for alcohol addiction, opioid abuse does require pharmacotherapy.
Pain conditions may largely be underrecognized contributors to the overdose epidemic.
Depression may partially mediate the association between post-traumatic stress disorder and opioid misuse.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Role of Expressed Emotion in Family Psychopathology
- Serum Uric Acid May Predict Bipolar Disorder in Patients With Depression
- Group Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Is Effective Treatment for Adolescent Anxiety
- Health and Social Factors Predict Changes in Depressive Symptoms in Women
- ASD Risk on Offspring With Prenatal Use of Medication Affecting Neurotransmitter System
- Cannabis Use, Cannabis Use Disorder Linked to Psychotic, Depressive Symptoms
- Association Between Opioid and Benzodiazepine Misuse and Suicidal Ideation
- The Intersection of Eating and Alcohol Disorders: Detecting and Managing "Drunkorexia"
- Heart Rate Variability Predicts Treatment Response in Anxious Depression
- Impulsivity in Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, ADHD
- Increase Seen in Amphetamine, Opioid Use in Pregnant Women
- Psychotic Experiences May Predict Future Suicidal Behaviors
- Genetic Analysis Shows Higher BMI May Increase Risk for Depression
- Abstinence From Regular Cannabis Use Improves Memory Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- Effects of Mindfulness Meditation on Mood in Middle-Age, Older Adults