Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate 2.5mg, guaifenesin 200mg; per 5mL; oral soln; raspberry flavor.
ABER Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for OBREDON:
Cough and to loosen mucus associated with the common cold.
Use accurate measuring device. ≥18yrs: 10mL every 4–6hrs. Max 6 doses (60mL) in 24hrs.
<18yrs: not established.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Risks from concomitant use with benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (see Interactions). Dose-related respiratory depression. Drug dependence. Abuse potential (monitor). Avoid in head injury, other intracranial lesions or pre-existing increase in intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Persistent or chronic cough (eg, smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema) or if excessive phlegm: not recommended. Diabetes. Thyroid disorders. Addison's disease. Prostatic hypertrophy. Urethral stricture. Asthma. Severe hepatic or renal impairment. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. Increased risk of respiratory depression, sedation with benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (eg, opioids, antihistamines, antipsychotics, anxiolytics, alcohol); avoid. May affect or be affected by MAOIs, TCAs. Paralytic ileus may occur with anticholinergics.
Antitussive + expectorant.
Dizziness, headache, sedation, nausea, diarrhea, decreased blood pressure; respiratory depression.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Suicide Risk After Self-Harm Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Safety, Efficacy of Deep Brain Stimulation for Alzheimer's
- Many Teens Who Use Tobacco Don't Self-Identify as Users
- Evidence of Methylphenidate Abuse: Characterizing Patterns of Use in Pediatric and Adult Populations