OASIS ULTRA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Porcine derived small intestinal submucosa (SIS) extracellular matrix (3-dimensional); triple-layer structure device.
Smith & Nephew, Inc.
Indications for OASIS ULTRA:
Management of wounds including: partial- and full-thickness wounds, pressure ulcers, venous ulcers, chronic vascular ulcers, tunneled, undermined wounds, diabetic ulcers, trauma wounds (abrasions, lacerations, second-degree burns, skin tears), draining wounds, and surgical wounds (donor sites/grafts, post-Mohs’ surgery, post-laser surgery, podiatric, wound dehiscence).
See full labeling. Measure the wound and select the appropriate size sheet of dry matrix. Apply and position to completely contact the entire surface of the wound bed and extend slightly beyond all wound margins; may use multiple sheets. Thoroughly rehydrate by applying sterile saline. Apply an appropriate primary and secondary wound dressing. Change all dressings or reapply matrix every 7 days, or as necessary.
Porcine material sensitivity. Third-degree burns.
Avoid use until excessive exudate, bleeding, acute swelling, and infection are controlled. Discontinue and remove if infection, chronic inflammation, allergic reaction, excessive redness, pain, swelling, or blistering occurs.
Inflammation (transient, mild, localized), allergic reaction.
Oasis (3x3.5cm, 3x7cm)—10; Oasis Ultra (3x3.5cm, 3x7cm, 5x7cm, 7x10cm, 7x20cm)—5
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Belief That Abortion Harms Women's Mental Health Appears Misinformed
- Models Derived From Electronic Health Records Effective in Predicting Suicide Risk
- Probiotics Effective in Reducing Rehospitalization for Patients With Mania
- Caffeine Sodium Benzoate Effective as Electroconvulsive Therapy Augmentation
- Personality Disorders Related to Adverse Outcomes in Bipolar Disorder
- Court-Mandated Substance Abuse Treatment: Exploring the Ethics and Efficacy
- ADHD Treatments
- Pharmacogenetics in Psychiatry: Promising Developments and Potential Pitfalls
- Esketamine Nasal Spray: A New Treatment Possibility for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Substance Abuse and Primary Psychosis: A Closer Look
- Schizophrenia, Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder Linked With Abnormal Functional Connectivity
- ICF Core Sets for Schizophrenia Validated by International Cohort of Psychiatrists
- Transference in the Age of #MeToo: What Counts as Harassment From a Patient?
- Comorbid OCD Confers Greater Neurocognitive Impairment in Schizophrenia
- Smartphone Technology Allows Diagnosis of Autism in ResearchKit Feasibility Study