Nystatin Oral Suspension Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Nystatin Oral Suspension:
4–6mL (½ of dose on each side of mouth) 4 times daily. Retain in mouth as long as possible before swallowing.
Infants: 2mL 4 times daily (1mL on each side of mouth). Older children: as adult.
Not for treatment of systemic mycoses. Confirm diagnosis by KOH smear and/or culture. Continue treatment for at least 48 hrs after clinical cure. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Diarrhea, GI distress, nausea, vomiting, oral irritation.
Formerly known under the brand name Mycostatin.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality May Improve Bipolar Disorder Symptoms
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents