NYQUIL COUGH OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Doxylamine succinate 6.25mg, dextromethorphan HBr 15mg; per 15mL; liq; contains sodium 18mg/15mL; cherry flavor.
Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals
Indications for NYQUIL COUGH:
Cough, rhinorrhea, sneezing.
30mL every 6 hours; max 4 doses/24 hours.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Glaucoma. GI or GU obstruction. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Antihistamine + antitussive.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation