Generic Name and Formulations:
Permethrin 1%; crm rinse.
Prestige Brands, Inc.
Indications for NIX:
Treatment of head lice.
Adults and Children:
<2mos: not recommended. ≥2mos: apply to washed and towel-dried hair, saturating hair and scalp. Allow to remain on hair for 10mins, then rinse. Remove nits with provided comb. Repeat after ≥7 days if living lice still observed. Wash or dryclean bedding and clothing appropriately.
Avoid eyes, inside the nose, ear, mouth, or vagina. Ragweed allergy. May cause breathing difficulty or asthmatic attack. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Skin irritation, dyspnea.
Rinse (w. comb)—2oz, 4oz (2 x 2oz)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents