Generic Name and Formulations:
Nitroglycerin 0.3mg, 0.4mg, 0.6mg; sublingual tabs.
Indications for NITROSTAT:
Acute relief of angina attack. Acute prophylaxis of angina pectoris.
Use lowest effective dose. Treatment: 1 tab sublingually or in buccal pouch at onset, may repeat in 5mins; max 3 tabs in 15mins. Prophylaxis: 5–10mins before activity.
Severe anemia. Increased intracranial pressure (eg, cerebral hemorrhage, traumatic brain injury). Acute circulatory failure or shock. Concomitant PDE-5 inhibitors (eg, avanafil, sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil), soluble guanylate cyclase stimulators (eg, riociguat).
Constrictive pericarditis, aortic or mitral stenosis, volume-depleted, hypotensive: increased risk of severe hypotension. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not studied.
See Contraindications. Hypotension potentiated by PDE-5 inhibitors, riociguat. Avoid ergotamine and related drugs.
Headache, dizziness, paresthesia, vertigo, weakness, palpitation, postural hypotension, syncope, flushing, rash, exfoliative dermatitis.
Tabs 0.4mg—4 x 25, 100; 0.3mg, 0.6mg—100
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed