Generic Name and Formulations:
Nitroglycerin 0.4mg/actuation; lingual aerosol spray.
Mist Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for NITROMIST:
Acute attacks and prophylaxis of angina.
1–2 sprays at onset of attack, on or under tongue while sitting; may repeat every 5 minutes as needed; max 3 sprays/15 minutes. May use prophylactically 5–10 minutes before exertion. Do not inhale spray. Do not rinse mouth for 5–10 minutes after use.
Concomitant PDE5 inhibitors (eg, sildenafil, vardenafil, tadalafil), riociguat. Severe anemia. Increased intracranial pressure.
Volume depletion. Hypotension. Acute MI. CHF. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Monitor for tolerance. Product is flammable. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypotension potentiated with PDE5 inhibitors, riociguat, antihypertensives, β-blockers, calcium channel blockers, alcohol. May be potentiated by aspirin. Nitroglycerin (IV) may antagonize t-PA, heparin (monitor APTT). Avoid concomitant ergotamine and related drugs. Do not use epinephrine to treat hypotension from nitrate overdose.
Headache (may be severe), flushing, rash, hypotension, syncope.
Bottles—4.1g (90 metered sprays), 8.5g (230 metered sprays)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders