Generic Name and Formulations:
Nilutamide 150mg; tabs.
Concordia Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Indications for NILANDRON:
Metastatic prostate cancer (Stage D2), as an adjunct to surgical castration.
300mg once daily for 30 days then 150mg once daily, starting day of or day after surgical castration.
Severe hepatic impairment or respiratory insufficiency.
Obtain baseline liver and pulmonary function tests, routine chest X-ray. Monitor for interstitial pneumonitis; discontinue if symptoms occur. Monitor liver function for first 4 months then periodically; discontinue if ALT > 2xULN or jaundice occurs. May discolor urine or sclera. Pregnancy (not for use in women). Nursing mothers.
Monitor drugs metabolized by CYP450 (eg, Vit. K antagonists, theophylline, phenytoin); may need to adjust dose. May cause alcohol intolerance.
Hot flushes, impaired night vision, GI upset, increased liver enzymes, constipation, dizziness, abnormal vision, hypertension, hepatitis, interstitial pneumonitis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation