Most Recent Articles by Nicola Davies, PhD
Although research has filled some of the knowledge gaps in the association between psychosis and hearing impairment, more data about this phenomenon and its confounding factors are needed.
People are increasingly finding themselves dependent on their mobile phones, and separating themselves from their devices has been associated with high levels of anxiety, as well as feelings of panic and stress.
While pharmacotherapy research has revealed some promising findings, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) remains the gold standard for treating hoarding disorder.
Not all abused children become serial killers, and not all serial killers are victims of childhood abuse. However, the connection between the two cannot be dismissed as just coincidence.
Offenders with major psychopathic traits can be identified in all ethnic groups that have been studied, including European Americans, African Americans, and Latino Americans, but some of the evidence pointing to the validity of psychopathy is stronger in European Americans.
More Articles by Nicola Davies, PhD
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Link Identified Between Cured Meat and Mania in Bipolar Disorder
- First-Episode Delusional Disorder vs Schizophrenia: Assessment of Outcomes
- Early Risk Factors for Bipolar Disorder Found in Offspring of BD Parents
- Prevalence of Schizophrenia in Individuals With Type 2 Diabetes
- Probiotics, Depression, and the Role of Inflammation
- The Opioid System: The Foundation for Social Risk and Reward
- Correctional Psychiatry: Challenges and Rewards
- Those Left Behind: Working With Suicide-Bereaved Families
- The Impact of Deafness on Hallucinations and Delusions
- Is Mandatory Reporting of Child Maltreatment in the Best Interests of the Child?
- Nutrition Tips for Physicians: Staying Healthy During Busy Days
- Mental Health Problems in Adolescents With HIV: Overview & Expert Interview
- Should Physicians Play a Role in Minimizing the Societal Cost of Medical Care?
- Digital Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Effective for Individuals With Insomnia
- How Do Medical Scribes Reduce EHR Documentation Burden for Physicians?