Most Recent Articles by Nicola Davies, PhD
Designing the Therapeutic Space: Using Layout, Color, and Other Elements to Get Patients in the Right Frame of MindOct 22, 2018
While there is no single way to design a conducive therapeutic room, mental health professionals can help ensure that clients have a comfortable therapeutic experience by keeping the area a welcoming, cozy, warm, and safe environment for emotionally vulnerable individuals.
Although research has filled some of the knowledge gaps in the association between psychosis and hearing impairment, more data about this phenomenon and its confounding factors are needed.
People are increasingly finding themselves dependent on their mobile phones, and separating themselves from their devices has been associated with high levels of anxiety, as well as feelings of panic and stress.
While pharmacotherapy research has revealed some promising findings, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) remains the gold standard for treating hoarding disorder.
Not all abused children become serial killers, and not all serial killers are victims of childhood abuse. However, the connection between the two cannot be dismissed as just coincidence.
More Articles by Nicola Davies, PhD
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Role of Expressed Emotion in Family Psychopathology
- Serum Uric Acid May Predict Bipolar Disorder in Patients With Depression
- Group Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Is Effective Treatment for Adolescent Anxiety
- Health and Social Factors Predict Changes in Depressive Symptoms in Women
- ASD Risk on Offspring With Prenatal Use of Medication Affecting Neurotransmitter System
- Cannabis Use, Cannabis Use Disorder Linked to Psychotic, Depressive Symptoms
- Association Between Opioid and Benzodiazepine Misuse and Suicidal Ideation
- The Intersection of Eating and Alcohol Disorders: Detecting and Managing "Drunkorexia"
- Heart Rate Variability Predicts Treatment Response in Anxious Depression
- Impulsivity in Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, ADHD
- Increase Seen in Amphetamine, Opioid Use in Pregnant Women
- Psychotic Experiences May Predict Future Suicidal Behaviors
- Genetic Analysis Shows Higher BMI May Increase Risk for Depression
- Abstinence From Regular Cannabis Use Improves Memory Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- Effects of Mindfulness Meditation on Mood in Middle-Age, Older Adults