The relationship between ADHD, MPH use, and growth appears complex, given that a consistent effect could not be observed across all ADHD conditions.
This study presents strong evidence for an association between a healthy diet and hippocampal volumes.
Quillivant XR, a central nervous system stimulant, is indicated to treat ADHD in patients aged 6 years and older.
Patients with ADHD may require careful monitoring to permit early detection and treatment of disorders of the basal ganglia or cerebellum.
These data confirm the debilitating effects of apathy on functioning in patients with Huntington disease.
Significant reductions in all symptom scores after intervention in military personnel.
In some patients with systemic lupus erythematosus, serum levels of nitrated nucleosomes rise at the time of a neuropsychiatric event.
Reviewers more likely to recommend acceptance when prestigious names and institutions were visible.
It is not yet clear whether changes in the brain that were observed during one season of competitive youth football are lasting or meaningful.
Medical practices can take a number of steps to make it more difficult to hack into their computer files.
Embracing all the myriad variations of the human genome should, in theory, lead to rewards that all can share.
Both men and women with HIV were more likely to experience comorbid psychiatric conditions than their peers without an HIV diagnosis.
Effects of fetal exposure are yet to be determined.
Individuals with bilateral damage to the amygdala can still feel fear.
The NIH is awarding more than 100 new grants to over 170 researchers at 60 institutions that will total more than $70 million.
It has been reported previously that symptoms of depression are associated with nonadherence to diabetes self-care.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Methylphenidate for ADHD Treatment May Be Associated With Low BMI
- Patients With Schizophrenia May Benefit From Occupational Therapy
- Minocycline vs Routine Care for Clinical Symptom Improvement in Schizophrenia
- Temperament Traits May Predict Treatment Outcomes Depression
- Cardioprotective Treatment May Reduce Adverse Effects in Schizophrenia
- Oral Therapy for Suicidal Bipolar Depression Gets Breakthrough Designation
- Psychotic Experiences Linked to Anxiety and Somatic Symptoms in Preadolescent
- DSM-5 Anxious Distress Specifier Valid for Major Depressive Disorder
- Social Stigma Worsens Mental Health With Autism
- Onset of Psychosis Not Related to Cognitive Deterioration in Schizophrenia