The latest revision of the diagnostic manual does away with the complex multiaxial organization in favor of a simpler chapter order of disorders.
Antipsychotics have been shown to reduce tic severity, as has behavior therapy. However, the mechanisms behind the efficacy of behavior therapy have yet to be clarified by research.
There is a link between language delays in girls, and acetaminophen use in pregnancy.
Infants with postnatal etiology showed worse developmental deficits across all domains.
The longer autism spectrum disorder insurance mandates remained in place, the more that mandate-associated treated prevalence increased.
In vitro assays hold promise as diagnostic tools in complex neurodevelopmental disorders such as autism.
Neuropsychological findings indicate that similar executive functions are affected in ADHD and OCD, but new neuroimaging data indicate differences exist in brain structure and function.
The results indicate a 10-fold increased risk of future autism in patients diagnosed with epilepsy.
Prolonged response may contribute to development of autism, depression and schizophrenia.
Emotional reactivity, anxiety problems, and pervasive developmental problems increased with each 1-µg/dL increase in blood lead concentrations.
A manufactured compound widely used as flame retardants in the past three decades has been associated with lower IQ and hyperactivity in kids.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- #MeToo: Helping Victims Cope With Sexual Harassment
- Clinician Insight: Exploring the Link Between Bipolar Disorder and Binge Eating Disorder
- Association Between Psychosis and Development of Dementia in Older Men
- Psychosis Could Be a Potential Side Effect of Steroid Treatment in Kids
- Effects of Antipsychotic Drugs on the Cardiovascular System
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Nutritional Influences on Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Old Challenges and New Directions in Managing Tardive Dyskinesia
- Similar Rates of Childhood Trauma in Schizophrenia and Substance Use Disorders
- Potential for SERMs as Adjunctive Therapy for Schizophrenia
- Psychiatric Comorbidities Increase Neurologic Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Self-Regulation Interventions Beneficial for Children
- Traumatic Brain Injury Associated With Increased Risk for Dementia
- Adverse Neurodevelopmental and Mental Health Outcomes in PCOS
- Depression and Sleep Disturbances: Common Bedfellows