Obesity and associated comorbidities are seen to be potential contributers to Alzheimer disease pathophysiology.
When using brief cognitive assessments, dementia is often misclassified.
In patients with Parkinson disease psychosis, treatment with pimavanserin has a lower risk for mortality compared with quetiapine or combination therapy.
This research supports MRI as a prognostic tool following TBI and highlights several important lesion patterns correlated with poor long-term outcomes.
Individuals with medical contact for traumatic brain injury have increased risk for suicide.
People who feel younger than their age show fewer signs of brain aging than those who feel their age or older than their age.
These results highlight the risk for auditory hallucinations in certain subsets of patients with dementia with Lewy bodies and may be useful for clinicians in developing targeted treatment options.
Investigators sought to determine the association between antiretroviral therapy and cytomegalovirus infection in individuals with HIV, as well as the potential impact of both on neurocognitive performance.
126 to 140 mmol/L was linked to increased odds of prevalent cognitive impairment and decline in older men.
Patients randomly assigned to the intervention experienced a statistically significant improvement in quality of life, agitation, and overall neuropsychiatric symptoms.
Cognitive rehabilitation may be an effective therapy for Parkinson-associated dementias.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Efficacy, Safety of Long-Term Ketamine Administration Still In Question
- Etiology of Schizophrenia: Strong Association With Certain Rare Copy Number Variants
- KCNQ Channel Potentiator Ezogabine Delivers Promising Results in Major Depressive Disorder
- Vulnerability to Psychosocial Disability in Psychosis
- FDA to Review Lumateperone for Treatment of Schizophrenia
- Cannabis Use, Cannabis Use Disorder Linked to Psychotic, Depressive Symptoms
- Abstinence From Regular Cannabis Use Improves Memory Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- Association Between Opioid and Benzodiazepine Misuse and Suicidal Ideation
- Group Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Is Effective Treatment for Adolescent Anxiety
- The Intersection of Eating and Alcohol Disorders: Detecting and Managing "Drunkorexia"