Obesity and associated comorbidities are seen to be potential contributers to Alzheimer disease pathophysiology.
The authors suggest that anxiety should be routinely evaluated in patients with Parkinson disease who experience freezing of gait.
People who feel younger than their age show fewer signs of brain aging than those who feel their age or older than their age.
Nuplazid, a non-dopaminergic, selective serotonin inverse agonist, targets 5-HT2A receptors that are thought to be involved in Parkinson disease psychosis.
These results highlight the risk for auditory hallucinations in certain subsets of patients with dementia with Lewy bodies and may be useful for clinicians in developing targeted treatment options.
Investigators sought to determine the association between antiretroviral therapy and cytomegalovirus infection in individuals with HIV, as well as the potential impact of both on neurocognitive performance.
126 to 140 mmol/L was linked to increased odds of prevalent cognitive impairment and decline in older men.
Patients randomly assigned to the intervention experienced a statistically significant improvement in quality of life, agitation, and overall neuropsychiatric symptoms.
Cognitive rehabilitation may be an effective therapy for Parkinson-associated dementias.
The AAN has issued new recommended guidelines for treating mild cognitive impairment.
Higher BMI was linked to an increased risk of dementia when weight was measured 20 years before dementia diagnosis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Suicide Attempts Associated With Sleep and Circadian Rhythm Disturbances in Bipolar Disorder
- Anatomical Patterns Present in Childhood ADHD May Predict Phenotypic Variation
- History of ADHD Associated With Increased Risk for Basal Ganglia and Cerebellum Disorders
- Probiotics, Depression, and the Role of Inflammation
- Psychotropic Medications May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Bipolar Disorder
- The Opioid System: The Foundation for Social Risk and Reward
- Correctional Psychiatry: Challenges and Rewards
- Those Left Behind: Working With Suicide-Bereaved Families
- The Impact of Deafness on Hallucinations and Delusions
- Is Mandatory Reporting of Child Maltreatment in the Best Interests of the Child?
- Institutional Rearing Associated With Psychopathology Risk in Children
- Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Screening: Recommendations and Controversies
- Few Seniors Who Self-Harm Referred for Mental Health Care
- Violent Video Games Tied to Physical Aggression
- Vortioxetine Beats Escitalopram in Improving SSRI-Induced Sexual Dysfunction