Using the Visual Association Test along with the Mini Mental State Examination may improve predictive value to screen for cognitive deficits.
Longitudinal associations between diabetes and cognitive decline have been reported.
Providing healthy eating and adequate nutrients to a baby during their first 1000 days is important for optimal neurodevelopment.
Slower cognitive decline is linked with intake of primary nutrients and bioactives in leafy green vegetables.
There is a strong link between CTE and American football.
In bipolar disorder, neurocognitive impairment needs to be considered a therapeutic clinical target to improve psychosocial functioning.
Cognitive dysfunction is 3 times higher in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
Factitious disorder illustrates the enormous relevance and weight of genetic testing.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Aggression in Bipolar I Disorder and Psychosis Associated With Suicide Ideation, Alcohol Abuse
- Moving Associated With Increased Risk for Psychosis in Children, Adolescents
- Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Associated With Reduction in Anxiety Symptoms
- Neuroimaging Markers of Bipolar Disorder Risk for At-Risk Youth
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated