Using the Visual Association Test along with the Mini Mental State Examination may improve predictive value to screen for cognitive deficits.
Longitudinal associations between diabetes and cognitive decline have been reported.
Providing healthy eating and adequate nutrients to a baby during their first 1000 days is important for optimal neurodevelopment.
Slower cognitive decline is linked with intake of primary nutrients and bioactives in leafy green vegetables.
There is a strong link between CTE and American football.
In bipolar disorder, neurocognitive impairment needs to be considered a therapeutic clinical target to improve psychosocial functioning.
Cognitive dysfunction is 3 times higher in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
Factitious disorder illustrates the enormous relevance and weight of genetic testing.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Distinct Characteristics in Children at Risk for Schizophrenia vs Bipolar Disorder
- Nonstimulants May Be an Appropriate Alternative to Stimulants for Treating ADHD
- Psychotic Experiences Associated With Increased Risk for Eating Disorders in Adolescents
- Novel Parent-Child Interaction Therapy Targets Preschool-Aged Depression
- Remission of Treatment-Resistant Depression in Veterans Depends on Close Clinical Observation
- Medical Clearance of Psych Patients in the ED: Consensus Recommendations
- From Abused Child to Serial Killer: Investigating Nature vs Nurture in Methods of Murder
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Effective in Reducing Suicide Attempts, Self-Harm in Adolescents
- Should Physicians Treat Family and Friends? Three Experts Weigh In
- When Physicians Become Patients: Challenges in Seeking Health Care
- Long-Acting Injectables Effective in Patients With Comorbid Psychosis, Substance Use Disorder
- Strong Social Networks May Mitigate the Effects of Childhood Adversity
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Improves Global Cognition in Bipolar Disorder
- FOSTA-SESTA Threatens Sex Worker Livelihoods: What Mental Health Providers Should Know