Using the Visual Association Test along with the Mini Mental State Examination may improve predictive value to screen for cognitive deficits.
Longitudinal associations between diabetes and cognitive decline have been reported.
Providing healthy eating and adequate nutrients to a baby during their first 1000 days is important for optimal neurodevelopment.
Slower cognitive decline is linked with intake of primary nutrients and bioactives in leafy green vegetables.
There is a strong link between CTE and American football.
In bipolar disorder, neurocognitive impairment needs to be considered a therapeutic clinical target to improve psychosocial functioning.
Cognitive dysfunction is 3 times higher in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
Factitious disorder illustrates the enormous relevance and weight of genetic testing.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Cannabis Use in Adolescence Associated With Poorer Mental Health Outcomes
- Cardioprotective Treatment May Reduce Adverse Effects in Schizophrenia
- Insomnia in Borderline Personality Disorder May Increase Suicide Risk
- The Challenges of Identifying Biomarkers of Psychiatric Illness
- FDA Approves Powerful New Opioid Despite Criticisms
- Predictors of CBT Outcomes Identified in Youths With Anxiety Disorders
- Happy Childhood Memories Associated With Better Health
- FDA Launches MyStudies Mobile App in Effort to Increase Access to Real World Patient Data
- Heart Rate Variability Predicts Treatment Response in Anxious Depression
- Impulsivity in Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, ADHD