NEEVO DHA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
L-methylfolate (as Metafolin) 1.13mg, thiamine 1.4mg, riboflavin 1.4mg, niacinamide 18mg, pyridoxine 25mg, Vit. B12 1mg, Vit.C 85mg, Vit.D3 5mcg, Vit.E 15 IU, calcium (as carbonate) 110mg, iron (ferrous fumarate) 27mg, iodide (as potassium iodide) 220mcg, magnesium (as oxide) 60mg, selenium 60mcg, docosahexaenoic acid (DHA, vegetarian source [algal oil]) 581.92mg; caps; contains soy, gelatin, sorbitol, glycerin.
Alfasigma USA, Inc.
Indications for NEEVO DHA:
Nutritional supplement during pregnancy, prenatal, and postnatal periods in women with dietary needs for the biologically active form of folate, who are at risk for hyperhomocysteinemia, impaired folic acid absorption, and/or impaired folic acid metabolism due to 677C>T mutations in the MTHFR gene.
1 cap daily.
Wilson's disease. Hemochromatosis. Treatment of pernicious or other megaloblastic anemias.
Folic acid may mask pernicious anemia. DHA: bleeding diatheses.
May antagonize levodopa, phenytoin. DHA: avoid anticoagulants.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling
- Nightmares in Military Personnel Frequently Comorbid With Mental Health Disorders
- Potential for SERMs as Adjunctive Therapy for Schizophrenia
- Addressing Racial Disparities in Bipolar Disorder Treatment
- Negative Symptoms Increase Cardiovascular Risk in Schizophrenia