NEEVO DHA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
L-methylfolate (as Metafolin) 1.13mg, thiamine 1.4mg, riboflavin 1.4mg, niacinamide 18mg, pyridoxine 25mg, Vit. B12 1mg, Vit.C 85mg, Vit.D3 5mcg, Vit.E 15 IU, calcium (as carbonate) 110mg, iron (ferrous fumarate) 27mg, iodide (as potassium iodide) 220mcg, magnesium (as oxide) 60mg, selenium 60mcg, docosahexaenoic acid (DHA, vegetarian source [algal oil]) 581.92mg; caps; contains soy, gelatin, sorbitol, glycerin.
Alfasigma USA, Inc.
Indications for NEEVO DHA:
Nutritional supplement during pregnancy, prenatal, and postnatal periods in women with dietary needs for the biologically active form of folate, who are at risk for hyperhomocysteinemia, impaired folic acid absorption, and/or impaired folic acid metabolism due to 677C>T mutations in the MTHFR gene.
1 cap daily.
Wilson's disease. Hemochromatosis. Treatment of pernicious or other megaloblastic anemias.
Folic acid may mask pernicious anemia. DHA: bleeding diatheses.
May antagonize levodopa, phenytoin. DHA: avoid anticoagulants.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality May Improve Bipolar Disorder Symptoms
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents