Generic Name and Formulations:
Vinorelbine (as tartrate) 10mg/mL; soln for IV inj after dilution; preservative-free.
Pierre Fabre Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for NAVELBINE:
First-line treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), in combination with cisplatin. As a single agent, for the treatment of patients with metastatic NSCLC.
See full labeling. Give by IV inj over 6–10mins. Monotherapy: 30mg/m2 once weekly. Combination therapy: 25mg/m2 on Days 1, 8, 15, and 21 of a 28-day cycle with cisplatin (100mg/m2) given on Day 1 of each 28-day cycle; or 30mg/m2 once weekly with cisplatin (120mg/m2) given on Days 1 and 29, then every 6 weeks. Dose modifications for toxicities, hepatic impairment: see full labeling.
Risk of myelosuppression. Monitor for infection, and/or fever; obtain CBCs with differentials prior to each dose. Discontinue if neurotoxicity ≥grade 2. Pre-existing pulmonary dysfunction or neuropathy. Hepatic injury or impairment: assess hepatic function prior to and during treatment. Cardiovascular disease. Avoid extravasation. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Females of reproductive potential should use highly effective contraception during therapy. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
May be potentiated by CYP3A inhibitors. Increased risk of granulocytopenia with cisplatin.
Neutropenia, anemia, elevated liver enzymes, nausea, vomiting, asthenia, constipation, inj site reaction, peripheral neuropathy; hepatotoxicity, pulmonary toxicity, bowel obstruction, paralytic ileus.
Single-use vial (1mL, 5mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Significant Rates of Major Depressive Disorder Found in Dementia
- Link Between Vitamin D Levels and Intracranial Volume in Schizophrenia
- TBI Linked to Increased Suicide Risk
- Behavioral Executive Dysfunction Associated With Chronic Kidney Disease
- Factors That Predict Treatment Outcomes, Remission in Pediatric OCD