Generic Name and Formulations:
Nesiritide 1.5mg/vial; pwd for IV inj after reconstitution and dilution; contains mannitol.
Indications for NATRECOR:
Acutely decompensated CHF with dyspnea at rest or with minimal activity.
2mcg/kg IV bolus once, then 0.01mcg/kg per minute by continuous IV infusion; limited experience with therapy >96 hours. Doses up to 0.03mcg/kg per minute have been used; see full labeling. Reduce dose or discontinue if symptomatic hypotension occurs.
Persistent systolic BP <100mmHg. Cardiogenic shock.
Not recommended in significant valvular stenosis, restrictive or obstructive cardiomyopathy, constrictive pericarditis, pericardial tamponade, other conditions where vasodilators are inappropriate, or when cardiac output is dependent on venous return, or in patients with low cardiac filling pressures. Impaired renal function (esp if severe heart failure); monitor serum creatinine during and after therapy until stabilized. Monitor BP closely. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Vasodilator (human B-type natriuretic peptide).
Hypotension potentiated by ARBs and/or ACE inhibitors.
Hypotension, headache, nausea, back pain, dizziness; hypersensitivity.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Characteristics of Unipolar Mania, Distinct from Bipolar Disorder, Described
- Aspirin, N-Acetylcysteine Effective Adjunctive Treatments in Bipolar Depression
- Subthreshold Pediatric Bipolar Disorder Is a Significant Psychiatric Burden
- Interview-Only Version of Yale-Brown Obsessive-Compulsive Scale Effective for OCD Monitoring in Youth
- Potential Biomarker Differentiates Between Bipolar Disorder With, Without Psychosis
- Part 1: Adolescent Tech Use and Mental Health: Expert Roundtable
- Challenging Stigma: Should Psychiatrists Disclose Their Own Mental Illness?
- Social Anxiety in Schizophrenia: An Overlooked Problem
- Inflammation: Is It the Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Depression?
- Childhood Physical Violence Associated With Decreased Total Cholesterol
- How the Government Shutdown Affects FDA Activities
- The Robot Will See You Now: The Increasing Role of Robotics in Psychiatric Care
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Improves Psychiatric Disorders During Addiction Therapy
- Infections, Antibiotics Associated With Subsequent Increased Risk for Mental Disorders in Youth